Race Teams

Home Forums Race Teams

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yxojuwe 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

sacdaniel
    Keymaster

Those of you looking to create or fill a spot on a Race Team, this is the place to be.

#1861 Reply

dan arredondo

Dedicated American River Trail bicycle rider looking to team up with a runner and kayaker for the up-coming Eppie’s Great Race July 16, 2016. I ride an average of 16 to 18 miles per hour but can ride with a group at 20 to 22 miles per hour. Contact me at dano3445@att.net

#1912 Reply

Becky Keilholtz

Question regarding teams – how does it work with the 3-4 person teams? Is each person required to do one leg of the race or everyone must do at least part of every leg of the race?

Example – I can run 2 miles, bike 5 miles, kayak 1 mile OR I can run all 5.8 miles but no bike or kayak.

Any information would be great!

#1956 Reply

Jon Daniells

Pretty sure it’s the latter example. Each team member covers a specific leg of the race.

#2343 Reply

Ken klein

Kayaker looking for a team, I male, 58 years old, in decent shape, Semi experienced kayaker, going through a five day training session in the next month on the river over the course. I will have a fast boat provided for race day. Contact ken@ckmstaffing.com

#2344 Reply

Jeremy Burlingame

Becky, you do one complete leg of the race. The 4 person teams are only for tandem kayak division or tandem canoe, all others are three persons per team.

#2345 Reply

Jeff

There is no “tandem kayak” this year

#2347 Reply

Julue

Hi there…. I’m an extremely experienced SUP racer looking for a team… Could also run, but pretty slow runner…. Let me know if you need someone! Thx

#2355 Reply

Cameron

Have Kayak, will paddle. I am not as trained up this year as I was last year, but can still do a respectable time in my Huki. See results for the 50+ Mens winning team last year. Thanks! -Cameron

#2356 Reply

Jeremy Burlingame

Actually there is a tandem kayak. The only changes from last year to this year is the addition of SUPs and deletion of the “sit on top” division.

#2358 Reply

Sydney Cooley

Looking for a cyclist for our Woman 50+ team. Our cyclist is unable to ride on Saturday. Hoping for a cyclist that can make the ride around 40 minutes.

#2371 Reply

John Dandin

Cameron,

Did you find a team? I have a couple of friends who are looking to create a team at the last minute and might need a kayaker

John

#2372 Reply

David

Hello, I am a recent American River College graduate, now currently attending the University of Victoria, in British Columbia. I am back home for the summer logging those miles upon miles. Now looking to gauge my fitness in Eppie’s Great Race. I am a poor college student (like most) so I will run for money; in other words if someone pays for my spot on the team. Will run fast and beat most competitors if that’s what you want me to do. Can also run slow and buy you time to warm up (that last part is a joke). Last year ran approximately 31 minutes for for the 5.6 miles (about 5:35 per mile); hoping to best that this year.

#2373 Reply

Cameron

Hi John,
    No, I don’t have a team yet, let me know if your friends need a kayaker.
    Thanks, Cameron

#2374 Reply

Mike

I am a cyclist who lost his team. This is late but am looking for a team to ride for. I am mid 40’s and will ride at a pretty good pace.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Race Teams
Your information: